There are a number of important factors to consider when specifying a sliding and folding door system, including:
- Is the system for internal or external use?
- Is the system sliding or folding?
- Is there enough overhead structural support to carry the weight of the door (top hung) or does the weight need to be taken by the floor (bottom rolling)?
- Is the track going to be face fixed or soffit fixed?
- What is the weight of the door/s?
- What material is the door?
- How many doors will be included?
- What is the height, width and thickness of the door/s?
- What is the width of the opening?
- Do you require any additional extras such as handles, locks, soft close, self-close?
Other things to consider are whether the door is to be automated or fire rated and will it be exposed to extreme weather or corrosive elements? Our specification tool – Expert – offers a step by step guide through the specification process which covers everything that is necessary for a detailed specification.